We’re Joey & Giovanni, local bloggers behind this website, Bogotivo.com – where we write about the best places to eat, drink, party, and sleep in Colombia’s cool capital city. While one of us is American and the other Venezuelan, we love our adopted home of Bogotá. You can consider us your new friends that are here to help you discover the secrets of the city through experiencing the foods, drinks, streets, people, and culture of Bogotá.
- Get off the beaten path by visiting four distinct local neighborhoods in Bogotá
- Discover traditional Colombian food and the latest hip eateries
- Become a coffee connoisseur during a coffee tasting at our favorite cafe
- Learn how to make your own mojito during a workshop
- Enjoy the sunset from a rooftop while we try a local Colombian liquor
- Learn how to take better food & lifestyle photos for your Instagram
- Food & drinks included in the price
What we’ll do
Our day will start in the bohemian La Macarena neighborhood where we will sample authentic Colombian Ajiaco soup, shop for exotic fruit at the market, and visit our favorite bakery for dessert.
From here we will take the bus to Chapinero, known as the hipster area of Bogotá. In this neighborhood, you’ll find Bogotá’s under 30 creatives, the LGBT community, young professionals, and students. It’s also the neighborhood that we live in! While in Chapinero, we are going to take polaroid photos in front of street art for you to take home, stop by a local vegan-Colombian eatery, do a mojito making workshop at our apartment terrace, and visit a beautiful spot to try Colombian coffee.
Then we will take the bus to a stunning rooftop view in the lively Parque 93 neighborhood at sunset to try a local Colombian liquor, and this is where our day will end.
Throughout the day we are also going to pass through strategic photo opt points with street art, city views, and trendy food spots so we are available to take your photo any time as well as give you tips on taking better Instagram photos.
- Food & Snacks: Whenever we do a food stop, your first bite is included but you are always welcome to buy more!
- Craft Beer & Local Liquor Tasting: The first drink is on us! Non-alcoholic options available, as well as alternative options to beer or liquor.
- Public Transportation: We will be getting around in style using local public transportation so don’t worry about having a bus card – we got it.
- Umbrellas: The rain in Bogotá can be unpredictable so we will have umbrellas for all guests.
Meeting point and time: We will meet in the lobby of Hotel Ibis Bogota Museo, located at Tv. 6 #27-85 at 1:30 pm. Uber is the best way to arrive! Please be on the lookout for two guys with beards sitting in the bar area. The tour will last approximately from 1:00 pm – 5:30 pm. The tour is currently offered on Monday – Saturday but we are flexible to host on other days if it fits your schedule better.
Where we’ll be:
Food allergies or other questions: Please let us know if you are a vegetarian, vegan, pescatarian, flexitarian, etc, have food allergies, or any random things you don’t eat! We can customize the stops to meet your dietary restrictions. The tour will usually be with both of us but occasionally will just one based on availability. Our stops will also vary based on the day of the week and the preferences of the group. The tour can be in English or Spanish. If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.